Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 게시글 수정 내역 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 게시글 수정 내역 댓글로 가기 인쇄

외계에서 온 엽서

Daniel Lovas on his series of illustrations of very far-flung places. 다니엘 Lovas의 삽화 그의 일련의 아주 멀리 광범위한 장소.
It's not your typical seaside postcard: A space shuttle is taking off from a planet with two suns; an array of huge, satellite dish-like structures stretch to the horizon, and a tide is on the rise. 그것은 당신의 전형적인 바닷가 엽서가 아니에요 : 우주 왕복선이 두 개의 태양이 행성에서 이륙이다; 수평선 거대한 구조물처럼 위성 접시 스트레칭의 배열, 그리고 조수가 증가하고있다. Exactly what 'The Rising Tide' depicts is something that concept architect Daniel Lovas prefers to leave to your imagination. 정확히 무엇을 '증가 추세'묘사는 개념을 건축가 다니엘 Lovas 당신의 상상력을 떠나 뭔가를 선호합니다. MAXON caught up with Daniel to find out more about 'Postcards From Beyond.' MAXON 다니엘과 '에 대한 자세한 내용 너머에서 엽서를 찾을 수 붙잡았지.'

Tell us about your background and how you got into computer graphics and science fiction. 귀하의 배경에 대해 우리가 어떻게했는지 말해 컴퓨터 그래픽과 과학 소설에 들어갔어요.
I've enjoyed drawing since childhood, and that's also when I fell in love with science fiction. 내가 어린 시절부터 그림을 즐겁게했습니다, 그리고 그 때 나는 공상 과학 영화와 사랑에 빠지고 있어요. When I was a teenager I got very interested in photography. 내가 언제는 사진에 흥미를 가진 십대했다. Since then I've always been torn between the creative and the technical side, so the next logical step for me was computers. 그 이후로 난 항상 기술적 측면과 창조 사이에, 나를 위해 다음 논리적인 단계를 찢어 봤는데 컴퓨터를했다.

I remember the day that I saw an article in a magazine about a new computer on the market, the Amiga. 내가 그날은 내가 시장에 새 컴퓨터에 관한 잡지 기사 본 기억, 아미가. I saw what I thought was a photograph of a simple tea cup in the article and wondered what it was all about, what did it have to do with the Amiga computer? 난 내가 옳다고 생각한 간단한 차 사진 문서 컵 보았다 그리고 그것은 무엇에 관한 모든 궁금, 그게 아미가 컴퓨터와 함께 제공해야 할 거죠? When I read through the article I found out that it was not a photograph but a computer-generated drawing. 때 난 그게 컴퓨터로 그림을 생성 사진이 아니라 발견을 통해 문서를 참조하십시오. That's when the possibilities of the technology dawned on me. 그 때 기술이 날 도래의 가능성. That day I was [destined] for the rest of my life! 그날 난 [운명]은 내 인생의 나머지!

How did you get into architecture? 아키텍처를 어떻게 들어가나요?
Architecture seemed like a logical choice as a way of making a living out of my love for creativity and technology. 아키텍처를 만드는 방법으로 논리적인 선택의 여지가 같았 창의력과 기술에 대한 내 사랑을 먹고 산다. But I'm not your typical architect - I like concept architecture and technology. 하지만 난 아니에요 당신의 전형적인 건축가 - 난 아키텍처 개념 및 기술과 같은. I'm less bound by traditions and history and I'm not as conservative in my designs. 덜 전통과 역사가에 의해 묶여 있는데 나는 내 설계에서 보수 아니에요.

Tell us about 'Postcards From Beyond' What gave you the idea? 엽서 너머 '무슨 생각을 준 보낸 사람'에 대해 말씀해 주시죠?
At the time I was mostly inspired by the works of Gary Tonge (www.visionafar.com), a talented artist with a great feel for atmosphere and drama. 난 대부분 게리 Tonge (www.visionafar.com), 분위기와 드라마에 대한 좋은 느낌 재능있는 예술가의 작품에서 영감을했다든지. I wanted to do something along those lines but using a different technique - 3D - to get different results. 그 라인을 따라 뭔가를하고 싶었지만, 다른 결과를 얻으려면 다른 기술 - 3 차원 - 사용합니다.

How did you get the idea for your latest image in the series 'The Rising Tide'? 어떻게하면 최신 이미지 시리즈 '에서 상승 생각을 했을까 타이드'?
You may laugh, but this one actually started out as a hardware test. 당신은 웃을 수 있지만이 실제로 하드웨어 시험을 시작했다. It was my first serious work using 64-bit and I wanted to push the 64-bit version of CINEMA 4D, the OS, the processor and loads of RAM to the limit. 그것은 내 첫 심각한 작업을 64 비트를 사용하고 있었고, 난 64 - CINEMA 4D 좌석 비트 버전을 추진하고 싶었, 운영 체제, 프로세서 제한 RAM의 부하. So instead of using lots of compositing tricks as I would normally do on a 32-bit machine for this type of illustration, I packed the scene with over 200 instances of complex antennae and other buildings. 그래서 제가 대신 일반적으로 32 비트 컴퓨터에 그림이 유형에 대한 할 것이 아니라 합성 많은 트릭을 사용하여, 나는 복잡한 안테나 및 기타 건물의 200 개 이상의 인스턴스와 함께 현장을 쌌어. After I did a couple of test renders, they turned out fine - and all of a sudden I "saw" the scene in my mind. 후 테스트 렌더링을했을 뿐인 데요, 그들은 잘 설정되어 - 그리고 모두 제가 ""내 마음 속에 장면을보고 갑자기. The compositional similarity with my other illustration 'The Alien Derelict on Sha'raen' is intentional. Sha'raen '내 다른 그림'외국인 유기와 작곡 유사성 의도입니다.

Which 'Postcard From Beyond' is your favorite so far? 어떤 '엽서 너머'좋아하는 너무 멀어요?
Definitely 'The Alien Derelict on Sha'raen'. 확실히 '외국인 유기에 Sha'raen'. It is the first one in the series. 그것은 시리즈의 첫 번째입니다. The inspiration was an old illustration that I did during my student days using the classical paint technique tempera on paper, and I had dreamed of doing a remake using a more photo-realistic technique ever since. 영감을 종이에 내 학창 시절 클래식 페인트 기법을 템페라 그림 물감을 사용하는 동안 그런 일을 오래된 그림었고, 나는 더 많은 사진 이후로 현실 적 기법을 사용하여 리메이크하고 꿈을 키워왔다.

Have the postcards been published in print? 엽서 인쇄 출판 적이 있나요?
It is a strictly personal project. 그것은 순전히 개인적인 프로젝트입니다. But 'Camp Ellenia' was featured on the cover of the Klik, a leading Slovenian CG magazine. 하지만 '캠프 Ellenia'Klik, 슬로 베 니아어 최고의 CG를 잡지의 표지 모델이됐다. 'The Rising Tide' will be featured soon in a British CG magazine. '증가 추세'는 곧 영국의 CG로 잡지에 등장하는 것입니다. As for the 'Thegg Mining Outpost,' a well-known author of 3ds Max books asked me for permission to use it in his latest book. 물론 'Thegg 광산촌을위한'로서 3ds 맥스 도서 알려진 작가 권한을 자신의 최근 저서에서 사용하는 나에게 물었다. Of course, I refused by telling him it was created in a different 3D software tool. 물론, 내가 다른 3D 소프트웨어 도구를 만들었습니다 그에게 말씀에 의해 거부했다. But I must admit, I was tempted, if only for a few seconds... 하지만 난, 난, 몇 초간 경우에만 유혹했다 ... 인정합니다

What part of creating the postcards did you find most interesting? 엽서 만들기의 어느 부분에 가장 관심을 찾았나요? And which the most tedious? 그리고 이는 대부분의 지루한?
However strange it may sound, the answer to both questions is the same: rendering test strips. 그러나 그것은, 두 질문에 대한 답변 이상한 소리로 들리겠지만 동일합니다 : 테스트 부착된 렌더링. Having to wait for the computer to do its job is tedious. 컴퓨터에 대한 일을 기다릴 필요 지루합니다. But that is also when I finally get to see the results of my work in all their glory… or shame! 하지만 그 때에도 나는 마침내 모든 영광을 ...이나 수치심에서 내 작품의 결과를 볼 수있습니다! I feel it's a bit like going back to the days when photography was all about chemistry, and waiting for the moment in the darkroom when the image starts to appear. 내가 시절 사진에 관한 모든 화학로 돌아가고 싶은 약간의 느낌과 순간을 위해 암실에서 이미지가 나타납니다 때 시작 기다.

Were there any funny moments while you were working on the postcards? 어떤 재밌는 순간 동안 엽서에 일한다고 했나?
I was working on the 'Thegg Mining Outpost' for a couple of nights without taking more than a short nap when a storm caused a power cut. 내가 'Thegg 채광촌'밤에 몇 짧은 낮잠 이상 복용하지 않고 폭풍이 때 전력을 차단하고 발생했다. I knew the electricity wouldn't be back for a couple of hours and in spite of that, my first thought was: "OK, I can't work anymore - so I can finally find some time to watch TV or read a book. Perhaps even treat myself to a decent, cooked meal." 내가 다시 몇 시간이되지 않을 것이 그에도 불구하고 전기를 알고, 저도 처음엔 그렇게 생각했다 : "좋아, 내가 더 이상 작동하지 않을 수있습니다 - 그래서 결국 TV를 시청하거나 책을 읽을 시간을 찾을 수있습니다. 어쩌면 괜찮은, 조리된 음식에 자신을 치료. " It didn't occur to me that none of this would be possible without electricity! 그것은 내게 문제가 발생하지 않았다이 전기없이도 가능할 것이라고 아무도! In the end, I was so tired I fell asleep on the sofa in front of the dead TV screen before I made it as far as the remote control. 결국, 난 그렇게하기 전에 만들 자고 죽은 TV 화면 앞에 소파에 떨어진 피곤해서 그것까지 원격 제어합니다.

How many postcards are there in the series so far? 거기에 얼마나 많은 엽서 시리즈는 지금까지입니까? Are you planning to do more? 당신은 더 많은 일을 할 계획이십니까?
Five are completed with about as many again already in progress, plus some basic sketches for another two. 5와 완료 진행에 대해서도 다시 이미 플러스, 몇 가지 기본적인 스케치를 다른 두 가지 많은. I started working on the project a while ago but was forced to give it up temporarily as I had a lot of commercial work at the time. 내가 프로젝트를하면서 전에 일을 시작했지만 일시적으로 포기하도록 강요했다대로 시간에 상업적인 일을 많이했다. Now I'm finally managing to find some time to return to it. 이제 드디어 복귀 시간을 좀 찾아 관리입니다.

Do you use BodyPaint 3D for texturing? 당신은 텍스처링을위한 BodyPaint 3D 이미지를 사용하고 계십니까?
I use it a lot. 제가 많이 사용합니다. It's a great texturing tool - the best one currently on the market, if you ask me. 그것은 위대한 텍스처링 도구 - 현재 시장에서 최고의 하나, 만약 당신이 내게 물어봐. Its advantages when compared with 2D bitmap software are numerous and well-known, from excellent integration in CINEMA 4D, to UV manipulation tools, to interactive texture painting just to name a few. 자사의 장점을 할 때 비트맵 차원 소프트웨어와 비교 수많은있습니다 잘 알려진, 영화관 4D 좌석 우수한 통합에서 자외선을 조작 도구, 대화식 질감을 그림에 그냥 몇 가지 이름이있습니다.

Which tools or software did you use to create the skies? 어떤 도구 또는 소프트웨어를 사용하면 하늘을 만드는 데 사용하는 거죠?
Most of them (planets, etc.) are pure CINEMA 4D, and clouds and steam are either PyroCluster (Advanced Render module) or volumetric clouds from the Sky tool (Advanced Render module). 그들의 대부분은 (행성 등) CINEMA 4D 좌석, 그리고 구름과 증기 중 PyroCluster (고급 렌더링 모듈)이나 스카이 도구 (고급 렌더링 모듈)에서 체적 구름 순수있습니다. Fog and haze are mostly volumetric lights and/or the fog from the Sky tool. 안개와 연무 스카이 도구에서 주로 체적 조명 및 / 또는 안개가없습니다. I also did some 2D clouds using multiple alpha planes with noise shaders applied to them for the 'Thegg Mining Outpost,' but later decided to discard them as they made the background too visually complex. 나는 또한 그들의 배경이 너무 복잡 해졌다 시각 일부 차원 고도 나중에 삭제하기로 결정 소음 쉐이더 그들에게 'Thegg 광산촌을 적용,'하지만 여러 알파 비행기를 사용했다. In the 'Villa Madeira,' I used the Vue xStream plugin. '빌라 마데이라에서'나는 뷰 xStream 플러그인 사용.

Which other software did you use for 'Postcards From Beyond'? 다른 소프트웨어를 사용하면 그림 엽서 '에 대한 출처를 사용했습니까 너머'?
I mostly use CINEMA 4D. 난 대부분 CINEMA 4D 좌석을 사용합니다. I'm currently experimenting with the Vue xStream plugin, as it proves to be a great time savior in my line of work. 그것 작업 제 라인에서 멋진 시간을 구세주가 증명 저는 현재 뷰 xStream 플러그인과 함께 실험 해요. Besides that I use Photoshop, and for some postcards in progress I've started using the ZBrush to CINEMA 4D pipeline. 게다가 제가 포토샵을 사용하여 진행에 내가 CINEMA 4D 좌석 파이프라인 ZBrush를 사용하기 시작했습니다 일부 엽서.

Were there any features in CINEMA 4D that were particularly useful for 'Postcards From Beyond?' 무슨 영화 4D 좌석에서 특히 엽서 '에 대한 너머에서 유용했다 어떤 기능이 있었습니까?'
All of them, I guess. 그들 모두는 것 같아요. Especially PyroCluster (Advanced Render module), the compositing features (including the Background and Foreground objects, which can be used for basic compositing directly in the program), the adjustable user interface, ... 특히 PyroCluster (고급 렌더링 모듈), 합성 기능 (기본적인 프로그램을 직접 합성에 사용될 수있는 배경과 전경색 개체를 포함), 조절 가능한 사용자 인터페이스, ... I could go on and on. 나는에 갈 수있습니다.

Did any of the new features in CINEMA 4D R11 make a big difference? 큰 차이를 만들어 모든 CINEMA 4D 좌석 R11의 새로운 기능을 했나요?
The new GI render engine in R11 (Advanced Render module) is a dream to work with. 새로운 군대의 R11 (고급 렌더링 모듈) 엔진의 렌더링 작업을 꿈입니다.

Did any other CINEMA 4D modules come in handy on the project? 기타 CINEMA 4D 좌석 모듈을 편리하게 프로젝트에 오셨나요?
Even though I rarely do animations, I find MoGraph useful for many things, mostly for multiplying or cloning [elements], etc. Have I mentioned Thinking Particles yet? 비록 내가 거의 애니메이션 없어, 난 MoGraph 많은 것들에 대한 유용한 대부분 증식 또는 [요소] 복제에 대한 등 아직은 입자를 찾으면 내가 생각 언급한 적이 있습니까?

Did you use multi-pass rendering? 당신은 멀티 패스 렌더링을 사용 했나?
Yes, mostly for correcting the lighting. 예, 대부분 조명을 수정합니다. 'The Rising Tide' is a good example. '증가 추세'좋은 예입니다. I had the dilemma that is probably as old as the sci-fi genre itself: to create a realistic simulation of an unrealistic scene, or to fake a bit. 내가 딜레마는 아마 공상 과학 영화의 역사만큼이나 오래된 - Fi를 장르 자체 : 가짜 비트 비현실적인 장면, 또는 현실적인 시뮬레이션을 만들 었죠. I decided on the latter, and rendered each sun and skylight as a separate pass in order to be able to balance the lighting later. 나는 후자에 대한 결정과 별도의 패스를 각 태양 채광 창을 렌더링하기 위해서는 나중에 조명을 균형있게됩니다.

What's the best thing about CINEMA 4D? 왜 CINEMA 4D 좌석에 대해 좋은 점은 뭐죠?
It is much simpler to use than the competition. 그것은 경쟁 업체보다 훨씬 사용하기 쉽습니다. I especially like the Object Manager philosophy and the system of tags - it saves lots of time. 내가 개체 관리자 철학 태그와 같은 시스템은 특히 - 시간을 많이 절약할 수있습니다. It is also very flexible - even a complete 3D noob can get usable results quickly, yet the program lets an advanced user "get under the hood" when necessary. 그것도 매우 유연합니다 - 심지어 완벽한 3D 놈 유용한 결과를 신속하게 얻을 수있는 프로그램은 아직 고급 사용자 "후드"필요할 때 아래에서 얻을 수있습니다.

What do you like about personal projects such as 'Postcards From Beyond' compared with commercial ones? 왜 '와 같은 엽서에 대한 개인적인 프로젝트를 좋아하십니까 너머'상업적인 것들과 비교?
Commercial work involves making changes that the client wants, whether or not you agree with the changes. 상업 업무 클라이언트가 원하는 변경 여부와 변경 사항에 동의하고 관련이있습니다. Sometimes money or time, mostly both, limits what is possible in commercial work and the final result is not always as good as it could have been. 가끔은 돈 또는 시간을, 대부분은 둘 다 그것이었을 수도 어떤 상업적인 작품과 최종 결과를 못 항상 좋은 가능성이 제한됩니다. That's why I do sci-fi illustrations in my free time. 그래서 난 내 자유 시간에 공상 과학 일러스트 일이에요. I can take all the time I want, without making any compromises. 난 어떤 타협하지 않고 모든 시간에 내가 원하는 걸릴 수있습니다. I simply enjoy it. 간단히 말해서 나는 그것을 즐길 수있습니다.

Do you tend to work from a sketch before starting work in 3D? 당신이 스케치에서 3D 작업을 시작하기 전에 작업을하는 경향이 있습니까?
Yes, but sometimes the final illustration bears no resemblance to the initial sketch whatsoever, apart from the basic composition. 네,하지만 때로는 마지막 그림은 기본 구성에서 초기 스케치가 무엇이든지, 분리 수없습니다 닮았을지지 않습니다.

What's the most important thing to get right in a sci-fi illustration? 무슨 권리로 공상 과학 영화에서 얻을 수있는 가장 중요한 것은 - Fi를 그림이야?
As in any other genre of illustration, it is the composition. 일러스트 레이션의 다른 장르와 마찬가지로, 그것을 구성합니다. I find it useful to consider the composition as early as possible while preparing the initial sketches. 난 그것은 구성을 고려 유용 가능한 한 초기 스케치를 준비하고 일찍. If you don't take the control of the illustration at that early stage there's a big chance you won't be able to do it later. 거기 있으면 나중에 그것을 할 수 없을 것입니다 큰 기회가 초기 단계에서 일러스트 레이션을 제어하지 않습니다. Your illustration then runs wild and you end up with a complete mess. 당신의 그림을 그리고 야생 당신이 완전한 혼란 끝이 실행됩니다.

What advice would you give to someone starting out in sci-fi illustration? 무슨 충고는 당신이 누군가가 공상 과학 영화에서 밖으로 시작 - Fi를 보여 줄까요?
One of the properties that defines the genre is its scientific component. 하나는 장르를 정의하는 속성의 과학적인 구성 요소입니다. Either when working on the basic idea or when adding final details, try not to break the laws of physics unless there's a good explanation for that in the story. 어느 때 기본적인 개념에 대한 작업 때, 거기에 이야기를하지 않으면 그에 대한 좋은 설명이 물리학의 법률을 위반하지 않으려고 마지막 세부 사항을 추가. Another important thing is to pay attention to detail, even to small details. 또 중요한 것은 세세한 작은 내용도 관심을 지불하는 것입니다. In my opinion, that's one of the most frequent mistakes that a 3D beginner makes - lack of patience and assuming that small details are less important. 내 생각에, 하나는 3 차원 초보자를 만드는 가장 자주 발생하는 실수 - 인내심의 부족과 그 작은 세부 사항 덜 중요한 가정이야.

What makes CINEMA 4D a good tool for creating sci-fi illustrations? CINEMA 4D 좌석 무슨 공상 과학 삽화를 만들기위한 좋은 도구는 무엇입니까?
In my case it's the program's ease of use and extreme flexibility while offering professional quality and speed. 반면 전문적인 품질과 속도를 제공하는 제 경우에는 그것을 이용 프로그램의 용이성과 뛰어난 유연성이야.

What are you currently working on? 현재 무슨 일을하세요?
I'm participating in a very interesting commercial project for the European Space Agency, but I can't tell you much more about that for the time being. 전 유럽 우주기구에 대한 아주 재미있는 상업적인 프로젝트에 참여 해요,하지만 난 말할 수 없어 훨씬 더에 대해 시간이되고있다. As soon as it is over I'll go back to the 'Postcards From Beyond' project and try to complete another one of the works in progress. 끝나면 다시 그 너머 '프로젝트에서'엽서에 가서 진행중인 작품의 또 다른 하나를 완료하려고 마자 그것이다.

More Information 추가 정보
Daniel Lovas 다니엘 Lovas
Online gallery: http://lovas.cgsociety.org 온라인 갤러리 : http://lovas.cgsociety.org
Email: daniel.lovas 이메일 : daniel.lovas [시] gmx.co gmx.co [.] uk 영국

해외작품

world best works

1. 자신과 같은 인형이 있다면...? - Alma

2. Monkeyhead and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert

3. Dental Visualizations

4. MTV EMA 09 spotlight

5. NINJA ASSASSIN

6. c4d 독일분